[Gllug] [ot] borked net transaction

Matthew Cooke mpcooke3 at hotmail.com
Sat May 7 15:07:23 UTC 2005

Someone did this, I read an article about it somewhere.
They told a large bank that they could reprogram a chip to access an
arbitary bank account.
The bank in question said "sure" and set up a bank account for him to break
into.

He did access the account and took money out at a cashpoint where I believe
he was picked up by police on a tip off from the bank.

I can't remember if i read it on slashdot or comp.risks but it didn't fill
me full of confidence about the whole chip and pin security system.

Matt.