[Gllug] [ot] borked net transaction

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Sat May 7 15:09:38 UTC 2005

This one time, at band camp, Joel Bernstein wrote:

> There's a company in Sheffield, who take a tenner a month off my VISA.
> I've no idea who they are, or how to stop them.
>
> I had a conversation with Egg which like this.

Put it in writing or you'll never get anywhere.  This applies to all
beurocracies.

Other alternative is to say you've lost your card and get a new one
issued.  Company in Sheffield can't really charge you when they don't
know the number.  But that won't get you the money back.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Geeks need vacations too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

 "I call Windows the petri dish of choice on the Internet. It's the
  opportunity to download a virus from anywhere and infect corporate
  information."
- Scott McNealy