[Gllug] 32-bit CardBus in laptop

Adam Bower adam at thebowery.co.uk
Fri May 20 16:32:21 UTC 2005

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 03:14:13PM +0100, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Frank Scott wrote:
>
> > All the 82.11g Cardbus cards I've come across recently have had windows
> > only drivers and I've had to use ndiswrapper together with the windows
> > driver to get them  to work.

Atheros Aries 2 is supposed to be good, and uses the madwifi driver,
never actually tried one myself so YMMV see below for place to purchase
from. Also on the url below is the Intersil Frisbee based card, which
should work with the prism54.org driver (so i am led to believe) again
YMMV.

> Yeah I know.  What I'm curious about is why Hotplug didn't even seem to
> detect the insertion of the device.

Does hotplug know about the pcmcia controller?

> On the former, though, anyone know of a good and cheap source for
> 802.11b cards?  Ideally PRISM2?

http://www.solwise.co.uk/wireless-pcmcia.htm  < I have dealt with them
for kit before and they have always been v.good.

Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
AFFS || http://www.affs.org.uk/ || Not a filesystem
1 month old baby!! http://quinophex.org/newbaby/