[GLLUG] PXE Install

Adam Bower adam at thebowery.co.uk
Tue May 10 01:13:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 09:42:26PM +0000, Steve Nelson wrote:

> The server is a debian/sarge machine, on which I have installed the
> isc dhcp server and tftpd-hpa.  I have untarred the netboot.tar.gz
> image from the debian-installer repository and placed this into
> /tftpboot.

I had lots of "fun" doing this the other day. In the end I found that
for some reason using tftpd-hpa didn't work so used atftpd instead. I
also found that triple checking the config in inetd.conf (and correcting
the incorrect bits) and then restarting inetd made a *huge* difference
(all quite obvious really) as inetd only picks up on configuration
changes after a -HUP.

Oh, and for some reason the Debian boot images I was trying to use gave
me wonderful psychedelic graphical corruption on my mini-itx box so I
ended up using the Ubuntu pxe install bits instead, which worked first
time but it sounds like you aren't getting this far.

Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
AFFS || http://www.affs.org.uk/ || Not a filesystem
newbaby!! http://quinophex.org/newbaby/