[Gllug] Web design?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue May 17 10:24:56 UTC 2005

On Tue 17 May, Martyn Drake wrote:

> Chris Bell wrote on 16 May 2005 23:17:
>
> >    A friend who is experienced in design, layout, photo-setting, and
> > printing, as well as web design, using a combination of Acorn, Apple,
> > and M$ PC, wants to try using Linux. He has used various packages,
> > including dreamweaver and photoshop, but would appreciate suggestions
> > about Linux-based packages.
>
> Why not run Photoshop under Wine?  Works quite well from what feedback I've
> got back from it.  Apparently CS is supposed to be able to work now..
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Martyn

   Many thanks for all the advice.
   His normal method is to pass a job around between Acorn (fast, efficient,
and able to do many things better than any other system), Apple (cumbersome,
slow, crashes, but does some pre-press work that others do not), and PC
(slow, crashes, but has lots of features), using the best from all systems.
   He is getting extra hard discs so that we can dual-boot a couple of PC's
and he can play with Linux, and I hope to install Debian Sarge ASAP.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk