[Gllug] 32-bit CardBus in laptop

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Sun May 22 21:04:04 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 17:43 +0100, Ian Norton wrote:

> there arent alot of free-software linux drivers for 802.11g cards, do you know
> what make the card is?

Hmmm - as far as I'm aware, there are absolutely zero free software
linux drivers for 802.11g hardware.

> if it helps, my proxim orinoco silver 802.11a/b/g card uses the madwifi driver.

That one still taints the kernel, and it doesn't work at all in ad-hoc
mode (as I found out the hard way). Kind of embarrassing that OpenBSD
can get good free support for some 802.11g hardware, and linux has
tainted stuff that doesn't actually work properly....

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk