[Gllug] DVD`s supporting DMA?

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Mon May 23 14:53:06 UTC 2005

Rich Walker wrote:
> Then I'm going to assume a kernel upgrade or some change in which IDE
> Port it's on will help, next time I get to shut the machine down.

If this machine is remote, and you don't have a console on it, beware
the "switching ethernet interfaces problem" when upgrading from 2.4 to
2.6.  Every time I've done this on machines with more than one interface
the interfaces have been named in a different order when booting in 2.6.

doug.

--
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC 609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
http://adju.st/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk