[GLLUG] PXE Install

Mark Williams mark at aziraphale.homeip.net
Tue May 10 01:33:32 UTC 2005

> On the server I've set up dhcpd.conf as follows:
>
> [...]
>
> filename "/tftpboot/pxelinux.0";
>
> [...]
>
> With tftpd-hpa I have tried various inetd.conf entries, including:
>
> tftp           dgram   udp     wait    root  /usr/sbin/tcpd    in.tftpd  -vvvvvv /tftpboot
> tftp           dgram   udp     wait    root  /usr/sbin/in.tftpd /usr/sbin/in.tftpd  /tftpboot
> tftp dgram udp wait root /usr/sbin/in.tftpd -s /tftpboot -r blksize

You are getting inetd to re-read its configuration between changes,
aren't you?

I don't know about tftp-hpa, but a dhcpd.conf like yours with NetKit's
tftpd would be looking for the file /tftpboot/tftpboot/pxelinux.0 in
your server machine's filesystem.  Try configuring your DHCP client to
request `pxelinux.0' using the filename only.

--
Mark
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk