[Gllug] Postfix+CyrusSASL+SqMail RedHat 4

Ivan Dimitrov admin at b4y.co.uk
Sat May 28 19:41:25 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,
i am having  problem with basic configuration of  Postfix and was
wandering if someone can bring some light on the subject.

System is RedHat4 Postfix Cyrus-Imap /SASL Auth/ and SquirrelMail.

I have single domain and all my DNS  A and MX records  are configured
properly

A             domain.com         in 10.0.0.1
A             mail.domain.com.   in 10.0.0.1
MX0           mail.domain.com    in 10.0.0.1

Mail users are using system accounts and SASL is configured to check
against shadow passwd. I can create users inbox with cyradm.

Normally i would add system account then su to cyrus log in to
localhost and cm user.foo. Login with SqirrelMail will create all
other IMAP folder and all works fine.

I am also mapping my system users to e-mail accounts via
/etc/postfix/aliases

user:		user1
user:		user2

The problem i am having appears to be  in Postfix main.cf

The system will accept e-mails for:
user at mail.domain.com

and will refuse anything for:
user at domain.com

My main.cf is:

myhostname = mail.domain.com
mydomain = domain.com
myorigin = $mydomain
inet_interfaces = all
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, 10.0.0.0/25
alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases

Have checked through the docs and it seems like i have meet
all basic requirements. What is exactly that i am missing.
Also virtual mapping is not working as well.

Many thanks in advance for any help and pointers.

ivan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk