[Gllug] [ot] borked net transaction

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri May 6 17:01:41 UTC 2005

On Friday, 6 May 2005, Joel Bernstein wrote:
>On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 05:51:59PM +0100, John Winters wrote:
>>On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 17:40 +0100, Joel Bernstein wrote:
>>>Any advice gratefully accepted.
>>There are dozens of companies out there desperate to let you have a
>>credit card.  Cancel your Egg card and get one from a competent company.
>Can you suggest one? The impression I've had in the past when trying to
>apply for a second one [to transfer the balance] is that nobody wants to
>give me one. Which is odd, because I don't believe my credit is too
>shoddy. *shrug*

Obviously I don't know if they'll give you a card, but Nationwide have
favourably impressed me with their competence, and when NTL (who have
also impressed me with their competence, but not in quite the same
way) started repeatedly charging my card without my permission they
reversed the charge without any difficulty.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!
Today is First Friday, May.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk