[Gllug] DHCP question

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Mon May 9 15:42:32 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 04:33:46PM +0100, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 04:22:32PM +0100, Alain wrote:
> > This works, but on startup dhcpd logs several lines about not knowing what to
> > do with eth0 and how it is ignoring it (which is the correct/desired behaviour).
> >
> > How do I stop it wingeing quite so much ?
>
> Either configure an empty subnet declaration for the subnet attached to
> eth0 or run dhcpd with startup parameters that explicitly tell it which
> interfaces to listen on.  The man pages will tell you how to do both of
> those.

An empty subnet declaration doesn't appear to work (it still claims to
listen on the other interface).

A command line argument saying which interface to listen on does the trick.

I was so wrapped up in trying to fix it via the config file that I forgot
about the command line :-(

Thanks.

--
Alain Williams