[Gllug] [ot] borked net transaction

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri May 6 14:25:12 UTC 2005

This one time, at band camp, john wrote:

> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'
>
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax
> near 'S'.
>
> /store/secure/checkout4.asp, line 601
>
> I've fired off an email (got an automated response), but am not sure if
> there is anything else I should do, to protect myself in the event that
> my account is emptied. Any advice for these situations?

Erm, that sounds a little alarmist for what is really just a database
error.  I would expect it's unlikely your transaction is even recorded
in their database.

If you get lots of transactions on your credit card, the usual fraud
process applies.  You take no fraud risk with a credit card.  The
merchant takes all the risk.  If you dispute a transaction and they
can't prove you made the transaction, you get your money back.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Because nerds travel too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

"If I were on life-support, I'd rather have it run by a Gameboy
 than a Windows box."
 - Cliff Wells in comp.lang.python