[Gllug] Web design?

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Tue May 17 23:13:48 UTC 2005

Chris Bell <chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk> writes:

[snip]

>    (You may have noticed that I am still using my RISC PC, now possibly
> about 15 years old).

<sniff>

We still have 2 in use - one because the MD has his life in !Alarm, and
a lot of legacy Impression/Pipedream files, and the other because
HardCash is the only payroll program we'll pay money for.

(One year we phoned the author up to ask how much the annual update was:
"You don't need to pay for an upgrade this year, just change
the numbers in the tax table - "

"Stop right there: we'll pay you money just so we don't need to hear the
end of that sentence."

"Okay - how does £25 sound?"

"Like a bargain"
) [Disclaimer: it might have been £15 or £35.]

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk