[Gllug] Email servers.

Ian Lewis ian.lewis at dlf.org.uk
Fri May 13 08:55:56 UTC 2005

> Right, I have made progress, thanks for the assistance.
>
> I now have 2 more questions. (and probably more tomorrow :-) )
>
> 1. I can use postfix for mails bouncing around my server or
> from fetchmail,
> but I cannot connect to it from a client. I get connection
> refused. Is this
> going to be postfix or likely some other Ubuntu setting. I
> can connect to the
> machine using putty for ssh and cygwin/x for an x session
> from the same
> machine.

*Check the interfaces on which postfix will accept mail, look at -
inet_interfaces =
*Do postconf -n to see the list of non-default postfix settings, check
against manual and your requirements.
*Run netstat -an to see that port 25 is open and listening
*Telnet  <server> 25 - you should see the connection string from the postfix
server

See where that gets you..

> 2. Cyrus is not recognising that I have read an email. There
> is an error in
> the /var/log/mail.info file.
>
> 	DBERROR: opening /var/imap/user/k/ klunk.seen: cyrusdb error
>
> I assume that I need to create this file, but I would have
> thought that was
> something that cyradm would have done when I created the account.

Have you checked your file permissions?
> --

Disabled Living Foundation - Solutions for Independent Living
http://www.dlf.org.uk
This email has been scanned for viruses.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk