[Gllug] uml networking

Minty mintywalker at gmail.com
Tue May 10 20:00:52 UTC 2005

I'm thinking about playing with UserMode Linux and specifically want
to have the virtual servers on different local (private) net blocks.

..adsl/static ip...

    UML Host -> Virtual Host1 @ 192.168.1.1
       | | |__> Virtual Host2 @ 192.168.1.2
       | |____> Virtual Host3 @ 192.168.2.1
       |______> Virtual Host4 @ 192.168.2.2

And have each virtual host routable to any other virtual host, and
some virtual hosts routable from outside via port forwarding.  So
192.168.1.* might be web/mail servers, 192.168.2.* "internal" dev
boxes.

>From what I can see of the docs, this isn't a big deal.  I need to
setup the physical host to masquerade and also do port forwarding if I
want the virtual hosts to be reachable from the outside world

Just wondering if anyone has done something similar and any gotchas to
watch for?

m.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk