[Gllug] DVD`s supporting DMA?

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Mon May 23 16:39:07 UTC 2005

Nix wrote:
> Renaming your interfaces explicitly would... not *fix* this, exactly,
> but reduce the number of places you need to fiddle to one. (This makes
> it more practical to do over the phone :) )

Yes I thought about that as a solution, but I didn't have anywhere to
test it, and I didn't want to make something even more broken :)

Now I always ask for a console to be attached before I reboot to a 2.6
kernel from 2.4 - which to be honest is probably a good idea anyway
since there's so many other things that can go wrong - I got spanked by
the megaraid module changing name once too.

doug.

--
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC 609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
http://adju.st/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk