[Gllug] Web hosting

Mike Leigh mike.leigh at hornbill.com
Tue May 31 09:00:19 UTC 2005

Martyn Drake wrote:
> 1&1 are THE most outrageously inefficient web hosting company
> (apart from Fasthosts) that I've ever come across.  Bytemark,
> PI, or anybody else for that matter (even Hosteurope!), would
> make for a better hosting provider than 1&1.
I honestly can't complain about the support or reliability I have received
from fasthosts.  I have a dedicated server from them and so far the
performance has been really good (no one uses it though) and I have not
suffered any downtime that I am unaware of.  My server runs FC3 and has most
of the tools you will need to start with.  Of course its your server so you
can pretty much do what you want with it.  The matrix control panel is a
little strange at first and their FAQ's / tutorials are non existant.  The
only time I have dealt with their support team so far is to do with some DNS
records that were not configured correctly which was not their fault.  They
still helped me resolve my issue with my domain provider.  Now from what I
can tell that seems to be pretty good support.

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk