[Gllug] Apache "just stopped working"

Ashley Evans hoshy at hoshy.co.uk
Wed May 25 11:26:01 UTC 2005

Ashley wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have about 5 or so vhosts and they all just decided to point to the
> default path of /var/www, restart doesn't help.  Any ottoyh ideas
> before I delve in?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ashley

Thanks all.

I'm running Debian, Apache 1.3 but have switched a few times between 1.3
and 2.

A little poke around shows my apache init script only contained
--
#!/bin/bash
apache

So restarts were not even taking place.  This file is very old and
likely that it's a reminent of experiments gone by.  This is now sorted
but it doesn't explain why the vhosts stopped working in the first
place.  I'll keep an eye on the situation.  Thanks again.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk