[Gllug] Experiences with Thunderbird and LDAP

Ashley hoshy at hoshy.co.uk
Wed May 18 13:24:46 UTC 2005

Russell Howe wrote:

>On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 12:46:31PM +0100, Ashley wrote:
>

>>I was wondereding if anybody has been using ldap addressbooks in
>>thunderbird.  I've got them working happily but the two sticking points,
>>although not major, are shared mailling lists

<snip>

Thanks russell, some good ideas there.  it's always nice when there's a
chance to hack something together :)

I like the droping email in to draft folder idea.  Given the small
amount of lists they have this will work very well.  I'll also use some
kind of external app for editting and adding ldap contacts.  Apart from
hand-roled webapps are there any ready-made programs for this?

I'll start investigating ldap-abook shortly, any others??

Ashley

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk