[Gllug] silent cheap pc

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Tue May 24 15:34:05 UTC 2005

neil chambers <neil at cozyspace.net> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I have been on the lookout for a reasonably priced fanless PC that
> will sit under the desk at home and run my "stuff that must not be
> turned off - ever!". I thought I had found the perfect system but have
> lost the link to it :-( I'm hoping one of you have come across the
> very beast. The thing that,

[snip]

I use a fanless Mini-ITX box for this. Laptop hard drive, dual LAN,
external mains->12V brick in, fanless psu inside.

Has been running for a year or so happily.

Your other option is to buy one of the Linksys routers that can have
Linux put on it.

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml