[Gllug] silent cheap pc

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Tue May 24 15:48:15 UTC 2005

On 5/24/05, Rich Walker <rw at shadow.org.uk> wrote:
> neil chambers <neil at cozyspace.net> writes:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have been on the lookout for a reasonably priced fanless PC that
> > will sit under the desk at home and run my "stuff that must not be
> > turned off - ever!".

I have a SparcStation5 running Debian.  Its very quiet, cool, and
reliable, and perfectly responsive.  Its never fallen over, and has
been running continually for over a year.  I think I paid about 20
quid for it.

If you want something smaller, maybe one of the mini-itx boxes - my
friend uses one of these, but it cost him rather a lot more than my
SS5.

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk