[Gllug] CD-Rom Writing,

Peter Childs blue.dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 3 09:08:50 UTC 2005

Ian Norton wrote:

> Peter Childs wrote:
>
>> Ok, I'll try that I've always been told that xcdroast was the best
>> tool to use but I'm quite happy to use somthing else. I need to write
>> some scripts to write cds at work shortly so I could end up getting
>> further into the scripting side a lot more, However a nice graphical
>> tool is what I need to quick jobs.
>>    Ok k3b hmm takes 3 weeks to load as it uses kde....
>>    Shame it does not work.... If it helps I get  (Same as xcdroast...)
>

> Hi there,
>
> can you open a shell and paste us the output of the command 'cdrecord
> -scanbus' ? I know what it feels like when you just cant burn a disc
> :-), i rarely make cds, and recently my dvdrw drive doesnt want to play.
>
> Ian

    Ok the green write light on the front of the does not flash (it does
under xp) and after about 30 seconds the drive ejects with the errors in
the last email.

Peter.

cdrecord --scanbus
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01.01a01 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004
Jörg Schil ling
NOTE: this version of cdrecord is an inofficial (modified) release of
cdrecord
      and thus may have bugs that are not present in the original version.
      Please send bug reports and support requests to
<cdrtools at packages.debian. org>.
      The original author should not be bothered with problems of this
version.

cdrecord: Warning: Running on Linux-2.6.8-2-k7
cdrecord: There are unsettled issues with Linux-2.5 and newer.
cdrecord: If you have unexpected problems, please try Linux-2.4 or Solaris.
cdrecord: Warning: Linux-2.6.8 introduced incompatible interface changes.
cdrecord: Warning: SCSI transport does no longer work for suid root
programs.
cdrecord: Warning: if cdrecord fails, try to run it from a root account.
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.31
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) 'HL-DT-ST' 'RW/DVD GCC-4120B' '2.01' Removable CD-ROM
        0,1,0     1) *
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) *
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *
scsibus1:
        1,0,0   100) 'SAMSUNG ' 'DVD-ROM SD-616E ' 'F502' Removable CD-ROM
        1,1,0   101) *
        1,2,0   102) *
        1,3,0   103) *
        1,4,0   104) *
        1,5,0   105) *
        1,6,0   106) *
        1,7,0   107) *
scsibus2:
        2,0,0   200) 'HP      ' 'psc 2179        ' '1.00' Removable Disk
        2,1,0   201) *
        2,2,0   202) *
        2,3,0   203) *
        2,4,0   204) *