[Gllug] CD-Rom Writing,

Russell G. Howe rhowe at siksai.co.uk
Tue May 3 23:37:48 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 08:33:50PM +0100, Liam Smit wrote:
> Hi Peter
>
> <snip>
>
> >cdrecord --scanbus
> >Cdrecord-Clone 2.01.01a01 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004
> >Jörg Schil ling
> >NOTE: this version of cdrecord is an inofficial (modified) release of
> >cdrecord
> >     and thus may have bugs that are not present in the original version.
> >     Please send bug reports and support requests to
> ><cdrtools at packages.debian. org>.
> >     The original author should not be bothered with problems of this
> >version.
>
> Hmn that would make me think to upgrade the version of cdrecord.

Nah, just that the author of cdrecord is easily annoyed. I'd be tempted
to use a three letter word starting and ending in t... to describe him,
but cdrecord is rather a handy program (although the whole license key
crapola for writing to DVDs is silly, IMHO). Jorg reminds me of DJB in a
way...

> >cdrecord: Warning: Running on Linux-2.6.8-2-k7
> >cdrecord: There are unsettled issues with Linux-2.5 and newer.
> >cdrecord: If you have unexpected problems, please try Linux-2.4 or Solaris.
>
> With Linux you often get warnings. They are not ashamed to warn you of
> problems even if they are "non-fatal".

This is just the cdrecord author having a bitch at Linux.

> >cdrecord: Warning: Linux-2.6.8 introduced incompatible interface changes.

And again

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk