[Gllug] Server ISP recommended?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri May 13 11:04:53 UTC 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Jan Kokoska wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 22:02 +0100, Sean Burlington wrote:
>> "If there is a substantial outage, we will always make an announcement.
>> A minor PHP upgrade wouldn't normally be cause for alarm, except for the
>> flakiness of PHP. You can't win with it, really. We had customers
>> screaming that an upgrade needed to be performed because their sites
>> don't work, you do the upgrade, and bang! you've blown away somebody
>> else's site.
>>
>> I Hate PHP... Ack."
>
> OMG! That is very unprofessional, an ISP cannot say this to you.

I personally like talking to people who sound like human beings and
don't lie to you merely because of diplomacy.

Compare that response, to, say, post-borging Demon Internet (in effect
`we can't say a blessed thing as it might affect the share price').

--
`End users are just test loads for verifying that the system works, kind of
 like resistors in an electrical circuit.' - Kaz Kylheku in c.o.l.d.s
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk