Sarge (was Re: [Gllug] Strange download effect)

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Fri May 20 11:28:43 UTC 2005

On 5/20/05, Sharon Kimble <sharonm63 at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> On Friday 20 May 2005 10:25, Chris Bell wrote:
> >    That looks plausible, given the initial download rate each time. There
> > should be plenty of mirrors for Sarge once it is released, taking the load
> > off Phil.
> >

> Is Sarge going to be shipping with the new graphical installer please? If so,
> is it actually easier to install than the present one?

Take a look at http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer

This has been available for use for absoutely ages, and is very easy to use.

I'm not aware of a graphical installer (if by this you mean pretty
pictures and mouse) on the cards, but I believe there's a Progeny port
of Redhat's anaconda to install a debian(like) system, if you find
such things to be a nautical bouyancy aid.

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk