[Gllug] OSS CMSs

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Wed May 4 15:02:54 UTC 2005

On 5/4/05, Daniel P. Berrange <dan at berrange.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 12:23:21AM +0100, Russell G. Howe wrote:
> >
> > Google for FCKeditor - it's a sourceforge-based project.
> >
> > An abomination of Javascript and DHTML etc, but it seems to work in many
> > browsers. The site has an online demo you can try.
>
> Which conveniently failed in my web browser :-) When working on the
> APLAWS+ content management system for local authorities, we incorporated
> HTMLArea as the WYSIWYG editor. It was reasonable easy to customize and
> integrate & it has a quite neat spell checker (backended by a Perl CGI
> to aspell). It does require Moz 1.3 or higher & IE 5.0+
>
>   http://www.dynarch.com/projects/htmlarea/

Kupu is another WYSIWYG editor along the same lines as FCKeditor and
HTMLArea, there was a recent O' Reilly article about it:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/04/28/kupu.html

--
Mamading Ceesay

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change
something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk