[Gllug] OSS CMSs

Richard Turner richard at zygous.co.uk
Wed May 4 00:10:05 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 00:47 +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> When working on the
> APLAWS+ content management system for local authorities, we incorporated
> HTMLArea as the WYSIWYG editor. It was reasonable easy to customize and
> integrate & it has a quite neat spell checker (backended by a Perl CGI
> to aspell). It does require Moz 1.3 or higher & IE 5.0+
>
>   http://www.dynarch.com/projects/htmlarea/
>
> Sadly, the project seems to have just been dropped by its main corporate
> sponser, but it is open source at least..

I thought I recognised your name when I was looking into that :) Any
idea why RedHat pulled-out? I thought it was based on their CMS
originally and it's not as if the project finished years ago...

APLAWS+ was the first CMS I tried installing to test and although the
RPMs went on OK, and the DB seemed to be set-up fine, it wouldn't
actually run. The only help anyone on the forums could offer was 'ensure
you're using exactly the packages documented, no earlier, no later'. Is
it worth the effort it'll take me to install it; hunting out all the old
packages it needs?

Cheers,

Richard
--
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning..."

30F2739E: B53 8184 E61F 3604 FBF3  4CCB EF07 2942 30F2 739E