[Gllug] CD-Rom Writing,

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed May 4 23:12:53 UTC 2005

On Wed, 4 May 2005, Christopher Hunter announced authoritatively:
> On Wednesday 04 May 2005 11:14, Nix wrote:
>> Make that *security*, not `security', unless you *like* programs that
>> are given permission to access one drive to be able to smash the others
>> too.
>
> That wasn't quite what I meant, but I take your point!  I got really fed up
> with 2.6.8.

Yeah, the change was certainly... annoyingly implemented. Something like
that shouldn't be slammed in in the middle of the -rc series; it needs
testing with many devices and CD burning programs first... ah well,
it's not as if anyone is ever forced to upgrade :)

--
`End users are just test loads for verifying that the system works, kind of
 like resistors in an electrical circuit.' - Kaz Kylheku in c.o.l.d.s
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk