[Gllug] 11th June 2005 GLLUG Meeting Announcement

Dean Wilson dwilson at unixdaemon.net
Sat May 21 19:07:25 UTC 2005

June 11th 2005 GLLUG (slightly late) Announcement

I'm pleased to announce that the next GLLUG meeting will be held on June
11th between 13:30 and 18:00 at New Cavendish Street campus of
Westminster University. This is located in the shadow of the BT Tower.

The nearest tube stations are Great Portland Street, Warren Street and
Goodge Street. Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Circus are also within
easy walking distance.
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?postcode2map?W1W+6UW

This event is FREE to members and non-members.

Eventually the details for this meeting will live:
http://gllug.org.uk/meeting-20050611.html

--------------------------
Speakers:
--------------------------
We currently have three talks lined up for this meeting, I'll post updates
with the full, speaker provided summaries as I get them.

Christian Smith (Micromuse) and Stig Brautaset (Fotango)
Autoconf, Automake and libtool, collectively known as Autotools, provide a
portable platform for project configuration and build management. This
talk will introduce the concepts used within autotools and an example
autotools based project to demonstrate these concepts.

Matthew Bloch (Bytemark)
Virtualisation on Linux and running large numbers of systems.

Ian Pratt (Xen)
A discussion of Xen with a deeper technical focus on certain features.

Note:
Unfortunately Michael Meeks won't be able to speak at this meeting as
previously announced, despite his patience and very generous flexibility
in scheduling, I was unable to accommodate all the speakers on the date of
the event.

--------------------------
After the talks we'll be heading over to the (5 minutes away) Greenman
pub for drinks and then off for food at a to be decided restaurant.

Thanks for this meeting go to:
* Sean Tohill for providing, and being very flexible with, the venue.
* Michael Meeks for putting up with my constant rescheduling.
* The speakers for donating their time.

  Dean
--
Dean Wilson		http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk