[Gllug] gcc compiler versions

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Tue Nov 22 15:37:56 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 14:58 +0000, TM wrote:

> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libstdc++.so.5, needed by
> /usr/local/share/pi-1.3.6-Lite/lib/liblcg_AIDA_AnalysisFactory.so, not
> found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

Errr... Googling tells me this is part of the LHC data analysis package.
Which part are you working on?  (*)

I would think about going for Scientific Linux in that case.
There's a new release candidate just out,  2.5 for 4.2
if you want to be the new kid on the block.

Fedora 4 is not the way to go with this stuff, IMHO.
Make life easy and use the same platform as the people who develop it.

But lest us know first how it compiles with compat-gcc

(*) I used PAW for my thesis, and DALI for the event pictures.
I even admit to having used HBOOK to print out histograms on
real fanfold paper, on a real line printer.
Ah, the joys of real data analysis, not peering at terminals all day :-)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk