[Gllug] gcc compiler versions

TM tm at tm.uklinux.net
Wed Nov 23 11:27:33 UTC 2005

Many thanks to everyone who helped with the different suggestions.

I have installed 'compat-libstdc++-33' with yum. The compilation process
of the example code went a bit further. However, I get an error message,
generated by an executable which is part of the simulation packages that
we want to use. It reads that Fedora Core is not a supported OS... I
guess I have to install Scientific Linux instead.

Does anyone have any experience with Scientific Linux? I know it is
based on Red Hat so it shouldn't be too different to manage.

John Hearns wrote:
>>/usr/bin/ld: warning: libstdc++.so.5, needed by
>>/usr/local/share/pi-1.3.6-Lite/lib/liblcg_AIDA_AnalysisFactory.so, not
>>found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
>

> Errr... Googling tells me this is part of the LHC data analysis package.
> Which part are you working on?  (*)

I work for a Surrey-based company that deals with X-ray tomography. We
want to use Geant4 to simulate our systems. So, there isn't a 'real'
connection to Cern and the LHC work.

TM
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk