[Gllug] Wireless connection drop dead

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Mon Nov 14 17:56:21 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 17:37 +0000, Diana Scott wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sorry. Point taken.
>
> I have tried to switch off the router by switching off the power off. I have
> even pressed the reset button in the router with a ball pen. but still no
> reconnection.
Diana,
   pressing the rest button will do a factory reset.
This means the router will have lost all its settings, and has gone back
to an 'out of the box' configuration.
You will have to either use a Cat 5 cable (or perhaps a default mode
wireless conenction is possible) to configure the router.
You DID record all the settings, and your ISP username/password didn't
you?

It is also possible to back up configurations of routers, for instance
the Draytek line can do this.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk