[Gllug] Wireless connection drop dead

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Mon Nov 14 18:00:22 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 17:43 +0000, Joel Bernstein wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 05:37:54PM +0000, Diana Scott wrote:
> > I have tried to switch off the router by switching off the power off. I
> > have even pressed the reset button in the router with a ball pen. but still
> > no reconnection.
>
> That's likely to have wiped the router's memory. Why did you do that?!
>
> May I quite humbly suggest that you stop wasting everybody's time in
> spoonfeeding you details of how to administer a wireless router and read
> the fine manuals with which it was doubtless supplied? At least then you
> will be familiar with its procedures for controlling power.
Joel, its almost six o'clock. The sun is definitely over the yardarm.
Go have a beer, or some coffee. At least we're not having haiku here.

We've had lots of questions like this on GLLUG over the years.
Let's treat this as a learning exercise.

Diana - I have the Safecom webpage up, but it would be helpful if you
could give us the exact model number so I can get the manual downloaded.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk