[Gllug] Home desktop PC rebuild with Linux?

mfaz001-foo at yahoo.com mfaz001-foo at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 25 11:21:34 UTC 2005

In the 80's I was project-managing a client site with
600+ lawyers
connected to a Bull DPX box and a largish PC box
called an equitrack box which connected to every fax,
photocopier and telex machine so they could enter
client codes for every little thing. Lawyers have a
mania for this
stuff. The client had gone cheap on the machine room,
it was a
largish cupboard.

The programmer I was working with suddenly announced
"oh f**k,
I've just disconnected the equitrack box!"

In my rush to reconnect it, I brushed past the DPX
which had a
left-right on-off switch (bad ergonomincs). In two
seconds, we brought
the entire company to it's knees.

As the truth sank in, the phone started ringing. The
programmer went
out for a cigarette and I started making weak excuses.

Mark

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk