[Gllug] BT Voyager 100 USB ADSL Modem

anthony.hill21 at btinternet.com anthony.hill21 at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 7 12:41:53 UTC 2005

About three weeks ago, I wrote asking for help with getting
newly-purchased Xandros (Debian 3.1 Sarge based) to work with my BT
Voyager 100 USB ADSL modem.    My thanks to John Hearns, David Bell,
Simon Perry and Chris Bell who responded with advice.  I now appreciate
something of what would be involved in the driver route and think it
best to look for the get-suitable-hardware solution.

Please would some kind person tell me (i) what type of modem do I need
to get, (ii) do I need to get a card (ethernet?) to put inside my Dell
Dimension and (iii) can I continue to use the Voyager alongside whatever
new modem I attach to the phoneline?   [As you can tell, I'm so gormless
I even wonder what 'eth0' means.]

Any (constructive) reply received with gratitude,    Anthony Hill.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk