[Gllug] pervasive computing - everything crashes

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 2 18:50:13 UTC 2005

On Wed 02 Nov, Sean Burlington wrote:

> Hi,
>   computers are everywhere but Linux isn't - my phone just crashed!
>
> - and I'm fed up with my TV crashing - I keep having to reboot the set
> top box...
>
> Does anyone know which freeview STB brands/models have the best stability?
>
> - are any of them at all open?

   I have a Grundig box which is now several years old. It is generally very
stable despite being in a poor reception area (behind a hill, with
continuous traffic along the A40 in line with the transmitter causing moving
multipaths). It does drop out occasionally, probably not much more than once
per month, but I suspect that could be caused by high power mobile
transmitters overloading my aerial distribution amp.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk