[Gllug] pervasive computing - everything crashes

Lee, Paul paul at ma1.se
Wed Nov 2 16:29:22 UTC 2005

Henry Gilbert wrote:

> It doesn't stop only there.
> Even car are crashing these days!
>
> But seriously now. I've seen entertainment media in airplanes crashing.
> Those that allow you to watch a film, play games, watch the rear of
> the plane etc.
>
> It was not Microsoft but it was running X (not sure which *NIX it was;
> but really unstable)

I notice those flat tv's in buses seem to crash a lot (crystaleyes?).

Coming back on the 277 the other night from Highbury, I was
"entertained" by an MSDOS prompt.

If people actually pay for those adverts, they are being done ;o) I was
getting sick of Michael Palin anyway.

In Russell Square (I think) there is a bus shelter with a TV embedded
in it, and yes the other night it was showing just a (DOS) directory
listing.

Makes me wonder why they choose Windows for these things.

Paul
// www.ma1.se //  // www.tbwnet.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk