[Gllug] Re: Web Site Creation

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 02:01:39 UTC 2005

for real

it would be nice if an arbitrator could summarize this all
i vaguely recall the originator asking advice about creating a webpage.

we all feel very passionate about whatever technology we employ
can't each be specific to different situations/scenario?

i am still preocupied about Peter and his webpage.
i hope he didn't give up the idea.

So Peter - if static use HTML
if for the global public use HTML + CSS
if for just friends and family use HTML 4 -CSS
if wanting to look authoriative use XHTML 1.0 Strict and make sure you
have that sticker

if optimizing for bandwidth do NOT use table-layout
if optimizing for maintanance do NOT use table-layout
if optimizing for quick safe jobs - use table-layout.

if optimizing for search engines ... remember <em>keywords</em>,
remember <h1>the H Tags</h1>, remember <cite>semantics</cite>

there something tells me
that despite trying to make it easier
i confused things further.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk