[Gllug] Web Site Creation

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Nov 7 00:39:10 UTC 2005

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005, Tethys stated:
> Rich Walker writes:
>
>>Nah, mate, you want to be doing *proper* engineering. Oily rags, big
>>motors, embedded 8-bit micros, ...
>
> Oily rag? Check.
> Big motor? Oh yes.
> Embedded 8-bit micro? Err... I went for 32-bits, running Linux instead :-)

Now, now. Proper engineering involves oily rags, stinking big turbines,
highly redundant embedded systems, and fantastically elaborate safety
procedures. And a sinking feeling whenever you hear of a plane crash or spacecraft having systems trouble.

--
`Heinlein is quite competent at putting together sentences, but usually
he also puts together a plot to go with them.' --- Russ Allbery
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk