[Gllug] Petition to open London government geodata?

Minty mintywalker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 23:17:22 UTC 2005

> So what do people think about a petition to Ken to open up this data?
> The public benefits fo this data being freely available would _vastly_
> outweigh whatever probably puny amount of money TFL are making by
> licensing this data to others.  How could such a petition be pitched to
> non-geeks?

I think it is an excellent idea.  Either of these help?

http://www.spy.org.uk/foia/  [obviously know the ropes about the wording]
http://pledgebank.com/ [gather some support]

You can get some tube info via

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/public/tube.shtml

It's xml under the hood, but not afaik currently publically available
like that, although I'm fairly sure the backstage lot are trying to
fix that.

Whilst nout to do with travel data, wait till you see this stuff hit:

http://www.hackdiary.com/archives/000071.html

and my current favourite geo hook up being

http://www.placeopedia.com/

zoom into london... it'll only show 15 points at a time, so you need
to get quite zoomed in a lot of the time.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk