[Gllug] Web Site Creation

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Fri Nov 4 11:17:21 UTC 2005

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 11:04:46AM +0000, t.clarke wrote:
> I have to say, personally, there are too many wretched languages out there
> these days for my liking  -   my aging memory just does not have the capacity
> to remember so many different things :-(
> And as for Java   - seems you need a memory like an elephant to use it!
>
> (ps:  written on a dumb terminal like a true dinosaur  !!!)

I always find it kinda amuzing (in a depressing way) that so called
"dumb" terminals combined with "plain" text editors are just soo
much more productive for development than a "fancy" GUI with a
"integrated" IDE.

Point #10 in this document sums it up for me

  http://www.gapingvoid.com/Moveable_Type/archives/000876.html

 "10. The more talented somebody is, the less they need the props.

  Meeting a person who wrote a masterpiece on the back of a deli
  menu would not surprise me. Meeting a person who wrote a
  masterpiece with a silver Cartier fountain pen on an antique
  writing table in an airy SoHo loft would SERIOUSLY surprise me."

Regards,
Dan.