[Gllug] Web Site Creation

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Fri Nov 4 11:04:46 UTC 2005

I guess the need for PERL knowledege rather depends on whether the system you
maintaining it *already* uses it !

I have been programming and maintaining our Unix system here for years (which
uses Cobol, mainly   -  dinosaur I know  hehe) together with a couple of linux
boxes used for web/internet  stuff and have never found the need to delve into
Perl.  Horses for courses  .......

I have to say, personally, there are too many wretched languages out there
these days for my liking  -   my aging memory just does not have the capacity
to remember so many different things :-(
And as for Java   - seems you need a memory like an elephant to use it!

(ps:  written on a dumb terminal like a true dinosaur  !!!)

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk