[Gllug] VACANCY: Freelance Web Developer PHP SQL (X)HTML CSS

Simon Perry gllug at si-designs.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 10:39:02 UTC 2005

I'm looking for a web developer - initially on a freelance basis with a
view to a more permanent relationship if all goes well.

This is a technical web design role where the emphasis is on good
programming and the production of valid, semantic and accessible
websites. I'm not interested in candidates with pure graphic design or
Macromedia Flash skills.

I'm based in St Albans in Hertfordshire but I would prefer candidates
who will work from home. Candidates must be able to attend occasional
meetings in either Central London or St Albans.

I have one project that urgently needs completing plus various new
projects as well as some maintenance and feature additions for existing
sites. The vast majority of sites that I work on and maintain are
database driven. I will outline the ideal skill set that I am looking
for below.

HTML / XHTML:
Be able to hand code to World Wide Web consortium standards HTML 4.01
Strict and XHTML 1.0 Strict

CSS:
Good working knowledge of CSS 1 and 2.1 as well as an understanding of
cross browser support issues.

Javascript:
Good working knowledge as well as an understand of the X/HTML Document
Object Model (DOM)

SQL (MySQL):
Good understanding of relational database design and implementation and
the ability to write complex queries that may involve creating temporary
tables and joins.

XML:
Knowledge of the XML schema as well SOAP and WSDL implementation

PHP:
Knowledge of PHP and security issues. Understanding of Object Orientated
Programming.

Hosting is, of course, on Linux.

Please contact me off list indicating your experience and expected
renumeration.

Please forward these details to anyone who you think would be interested.

Many thanks

Simon Perry
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk