[Gllug] Small rant

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Nov 11 11:25:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Christian Smith stated:
> The i432 also had utterly horrid sounding memory protection.

OK, you've piqued my curiosity. I know nothing about the i432, but...
how could they have made something worse than the segmented joy which
was the 80286? What on earth did they do?

`Upon access violations, a dragon arises from beneath the motherboard
and eats the user'? ;)

--
`Heinlein is quite competent at putting together sentences, but usually
he also puts together a plot to go with them.' --- Russ Allbery
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk