[Gllug] p2p programs

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Sun Nov 13 17:11:00 UTC 2005

Henry Gilbert wrote:
>> For Red Hat 6.x, and possible earlier, that was the default option.
>>

> You can either search desperately the 90's Linux archives to give an answer.
> Or you can finally admit I got a point.
> I am talking about today.

You asked for an example, I gave you one.  Saying "well that won't
happen today" is moot.

Exploits can happen, will happen and do happen because it's humans
writing the code and humans are fallible.  At some point this
exploitable code will be on your "Linux Desktop" therefore your "Linux
desktop" is exploitable.

It doesn't matter how much you dislike this, it's still the truth.
You're argument is fundamentally flawed. i.e. you're wrong.

> but I feel that for you winning an argument for you,
> is more important than the actual "truth".

You're the person in denial here.  You refuse to accept that your "Linux
Desktop" will be exploitable when it's patently obvious that machines
with no public services running (which is your definition) can, will and
have been exploited, see the libpng example in my other mail.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk