[Gllug] Re: mythtv / ivtv-tune question

Mark Williams mark at aziraphale.homeip.net
Thu Nov 10 23:08:14 UTC 2005

> Does anyone know the freqtable and channel setting to use with
> ivtv-tune to get my Hauppauge PVR-350 card to see the UK Terestrial
> channels?  (BBC1, BBC2, itv, Four, Five) I plan on doing a better
> search this evening but was fiddling with it remotely over lunch
> hoping to show it off at work today and got everything going but get
> nothing but static.  I know it is hooked up correctly because with
> the Hauppauge software under windows I can see and record TV.

I use the `pal-europe' frequency table with a Hauppauge PVR-250, which
has used the same tuner as the PVR-350 in many (most?) revisions of
the cards.

The Crystal Palace transmitter (Croydon for Channel Five?) channels
are:

   26: BBC1
   33: BBC2
   23: ITV1
   30: C4
   37: Five

Not having the hardware for a proper MythTV system, I'm using ivtv's
`ptune.pl' directly if that makes any difference.

Make sure you've selected the right source first, though.  You'll feel
a bit silly trying fruitlessly to set the tuner, only to find that
you've been encoding from the composite video input all along...

--
Mark
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk