Turning an access point into a wireless-ethernet client (was: Re: [Gllug] wireless broadband routers .... insufficient range)

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Nov 15 21:39:16 UTC 2005

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 09:00:53PM +0000, Pip wrote:
> A second wireless router, acting as a boosting station. It doesn't
> double your range, but it does increase it.

This kind of reminds me of a question I had ...

I have some ethernet peripherals (printer, MP3 player), but since I
moved to using an entirely wireless network at home, I now can't use
them very easily.  However I do have a couple of old wireless APs.
One is a Netgear ME 102.  The other is a Linksys WRT 54G (running
Linux).  Any tips on whether it's possible to get these to act as WiFi
clients, plugging the peripherals into the ethernet ports?

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk