[Gllug] [OT] Technobabble

Justin Perreault justinperreault at dl-jp.com
Sat Nov 19 23:08:01 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 22:27 +0000, Jim Bailey wrote:
> I have also seen heat exchange
> systems using pipes lain beneath the ground but I don't think they are
> practical for urbanite.

They are not usually practical in urban areas as you need a largish lawn
area to run the piping through. However, the systems I have heard about
provide a forced air system with heating and cooling by maintaining an
even temperature through out the home 365 days a year.

Basically, because the temperature is an even 20 or 22 degrees stepping
in from the cold the home will feel warm and stepping in from the heat
the home will seem cool as a matter of comparison.

I do not know about the maintenance of these systems.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk