[Gllug] [OT] Technobabble

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Sun Nov 20 13:51:04 UTC 2005

On Nov 19, 11:08, Justin Perreault wrote:
> I do not know about the maintenance of these systems.

Ecohouse 2 a Design guide by sue Roaf is an industry standard and full
of formula and maths on calculating the quantifiable costs of eco-design
or non eco-designs, it is also very readable for the layperson if you
skip the maths.  Chapter 4 is very different from the rest of the book
and deals with the more qualitive aspects of building soul into a house,
it makes you realise what is so wrong with much of architectural design
today.

http://smallr.com/1az

A page on the Oxford ecohouse discussed in the book, the author seems to
be a lib dem councillor but I am willing to let it pass. ;)

http://carfaxlibdems.org.uk/pages/ecohouse.html

For those of you doing a tech trip to TCR you might want to take a side
trip to Bedford Square and The Building Centre.  the huge model of
central London is well worth the visit and there is an excellent
reference library, bookshop and exhibition space of building products
including a model and demo of a PV roof system.

http://www.buildingcentre.co.uk/

--
Peace Jim :-)

keys:  http://freesolutions.net/jim/pubkey.asc

 No theory, no ready-made system, no book that has ever been written will
 save the world. I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker.
 --Mikhail Bakunin

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk