[Gllug] p2p programs

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 12:05:04 UTC 2005

> I could pick a number of things you've said and wonder if you were
> even serious when you wrote it.

Why don't read properly my posts.
I never claimed the 100% safety mark.
I gave scenarios even how a Desktop system running Linux could be compromised.
That Phishing is possible for example.

The problem you and a few others seem to be having.
Is when I say the real nasty events that has been part of many Windows users
are not so with Linux Desktop users.
Why?
For one they are drilled and made more aware of security.
It's part of the culture.
Two .. there are no "attachments" to double click.
Three .. Linux updates for most distros are there available, and
fresher and more honest than the Windows past ones.

If you want to put me in a black or white box that is fine.
I am not talking about absolutes here

If I was so security laxed how come I am aware of all the terminology
and rootkit-finders ... I am not a sysadmin for sure.

I did agree that extra vigilance is to be encouraged.
I assured the original poster that Desktop Linux has had greater
security records than Windows. Even Mac OS has had better security
records.
That was my heresy,
Dear firewalled/AV-protected/spyware-blocked Windows user
Hence save your preaching to someone else and <joke>RTFP</joke>
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk